Sunday, August 13, 2017

Stephen Colbert Didn't Want to Take His Show to Russia

Stephen Colbert Didn't Want to Take His Show to Russia
Stephen Colbert shows his abs on the cover on InStyle‘s September issue, available August 11th.
Here’s what the 53-year-old television personality had to share with the mag:
On his trip to Russia: “I was like, ‘Yeah, I don’t want to do that’…There’s enough pressure with these jobs. You know, I kind of like doing theater, doing my monologue, talking with guests, going home, having an old-fashioned, eating some cashews, and watching Anderson Cooper with my wife.”
On dealing with his mental health early in his career: “In my late 20s, early 30s, I had a nervous breakdown. I was subject to panic attacks and stuff like that except when I was onstage. I would curl up in a ball on a couch backstage, and then I’d hear my cue coming up, and I would uncurl, go onstage, do the show, and then go offstage and curl up again.”
On how he feels about his show’s impact: “Today you’ll feel better, but these shows are cotton candy dropping in water, and I don’t pretend otherwise. I used to joke to Jon [Stewart] that we are shouting jokes into an Altoids can and throwing them off an overpass. Nobody remembers.”
For more from Stephen, visit InStyle.com.
stephen colbert instyle cover issue 01
 
Post a Comment