Thursday, August 10, 2017

Kanye West Sues Tour Insurers for $10 Million After Not Receiving Payments for Canceled Shows

Kanye West Sues Tour Insurers for $10 Million After Not Receiving Payments for Canceled Shows
Kanye West has filed a $10 million lawsuit against insurer Lloyd’s of London after the company has reportedly not paid him claims following his tour cancellation last year.
The 40-year-old rapper canceled his Saint Pablo Tour last year after he was hospitalized for his mental health following a psychological breakdown. Now he says the insurer has not given an explanation as to why they are not paying out the claim, according to THR.
“The stalling is emblematic of a broader modus operandi of the insurers of never-ending post-claim underwriting where the insurers hunt for some contrived excuse not to pay,” the complaint filed on Tuesday (August 1) reads.
Kanye‘s team says that he “was made available for a purported IME by a doctor, hand-selected by the insurers’ counsel, who was predisposed to look for some reason to deny the claim. Yet even Defendants’ selected doctor had to admit that Kanye was disabled from being able to continue with the Tour.”
The lawsuit even claims that the insurer was leaking private information about Kanye‘s situation to news outlets.
Post a Comment