Tuesday, July 18, 2017

'Lion King' Live-Action Film's Opening Scene Shown at D23!

'Lion King' Live-Action Film's Opening Scene Shown at D23!
Jon Favreau is hard at work directing the upcoming live-action remake of Disney’s The Lion King and he unveiled the first footage from the film at the D23 Expo!
The remake will feature Donald Gloveras Simba, James Earl Jones reprising his role as Mufasa, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, Billy Eichner as Timon, and John Oliver as Zazu.
Reports from D23 on Saturday (July 15) said that the action in the “Circle of Life” opening scene mirrored what took place in the animated film’s opening. Animals such as zebras, elephants, and rhinos were seen rushing to Pride Rock, where Rafiki was seen with Nala, Mufasa, and Simba. The sequence ended with Rafiki holding up baby Simba and the title card for The Lion King appearing.
“We know how important this is. People want to understand what our approach is, what we’re doing, and as soon as I found out we were going to be doing this film, my first question was, when’s D23?” Jon told the crowd while introducing the footage.
“I visit a lot of sets… this is the first time, I thought to myself, when I went to visit Jon making the film, I had a hard time understanding how you do this,” Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Hornsaid (via EW). “And yet, they do. And I do know that Jon and his team will create something that is completely respectful and faithful to The Lion King you already know and love, just as he did with The Jungle Book.”
Post a Comment